Gone are the days of unattractive storage solutions. With the likes of Marie Kondo and thousands of organisation obsessed people inspiring us to live a more clutter free life, we are seeing home storage front and centre rather than hidden away. From pantry and laundry storage to smart wardrobe solutions, we are always on the lookout for on trend, affordable storage options to showcase in our homes.
Australia’s favourite home improvement store Bunnings, has listened to the masses and are offering a great range of home storage solutions as a part of their special buys this month. Currently, items including storage boxes and baskets, garment racks, coat stands and free standing wardrobes are available in stores for fantastic prices!
As soon as these items appeared at my local Bunnings store, I grabbed a few pieces to style up and share with you guys to show you just how easy it is to make a standout in your home rather than hiding it away. The items I chose to work with are the following. (Hit link to go to item on Bunnings website).
- Flexi Storage Living Garment Rack. White & Oak finish, $75.
- Flexi Storage Living Coat Stand. White & Oak finish, $35.
- All Set White Rope Storage Basket. Set/2, $30.
- All Set White Rope Storage Basket With Tassel. $30.
The garment rack is a perfect addition to a bedroom if you have a tiny closet, or perhaps an overflowing one. A freestanding wardrobe is a great piece to have on show in a room and perfect for dispaying either your best clothes or bulkier items such as coats and jackets. Having the extra clothes storage space out in the open may even force you to keep your clothes nice and organized instead of in an avalanche pile in the closet 😉
I love the Bunnings coat stand because of its simple design. It’s not often these days that you see coat stands for sale in stores. Espcially not affordable and on trend ones! These are the perfect addition to spaces such as entries or bedrooms, for popping bags, scarves or coats on. An item which is a stand out piece decoratively, as well as as being super functional.
As both a decorator and a product stylist, I love matching pieces within a space via colour and texture. So when I spotted the assorted baskets from the new Bunnings range, I knew they would work well in my home. The baskets are made from thin rope, so are light but durable. The rectangle baskets are perfect for storing items such as belts, scarves and small shoes like sandals in. The large hamper style basket makes for a great place to store shoes.
Storage doesn’t need to look perfect. For this blog I have styled it in a presentable way, however in real life it’s quantity over quality and we are more likely to fill our storage items to the brim so that they are doing their job rather than just looking pretty. However, I have a few tips on how to make your storage look more presentable whilst being functional at the same time:
- Match your storage. Pick a theme. Wether it be a natural theme like I have gone with, or perhaps a more Scandi style using grey baskets, by keeping all the storage items of the same colour palette, it instantly creates order and cohesion.
- Use hampers or large baskets to store shoes away. You can still chuck them in there after a long day at work with ease and not worry about seeing a messy pile of shoes on the floor.
- Clear baskets and containers are great to use as you can see the items from the outside so they are easy to find, but still neatly tucked away. Or if you dont want items on show, opt for a non transparent stosge option and add a label on the outside for a stylish look.
I hope this blog has inspired you to get your clothes storage under control with the help of just a few simple items which are both on trend and easy on the budget! I’ve even inspired myself to give our walk-in wardrobe a much neaded clean our and organise!
Zoe – The DIY Decorator